Like statistics? Here are over 20 about health care
By Admin | August 30, 2017
USA Today posted a list of over 20 health care numbers that relate to everything from salaries to how the US compares to other countries. Here’s a sampling:
- On average, the US spends $9,990 per person on health care. Japan, for comparison, spends $3,816, and they have a longer life expectancy.
- Only 19.8% of spending goes towards doctors. Hospitals get 32.3%.
- The CDC estimates that at least 30% of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary, putting people at risk for reactions and driving up drug costs.
- Various studies put the risk of being misdiagnosed between five and 44%.
- 35% of people didn’t realize that the Affordable Care Act and Obamacare were the same thing.
- 45% didn’t realize appealing Obamacare would also repeal the ACA.
- Around 738,000 people end up in the emergency room because of dental problems.